Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tasting - Greenlip 2014 New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc

Name: Greenlip 2014 New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2014
Price: $12

Winery Review: Screams out of the glass, with super fresh aromas of ocean breeze, lime leaf, and tropical fruit. Succulent, juicy citrus and passion fruit flavors on the palate, with a hint of minerality and an electric finish. An absolutely fabulous refresher and sipper that’s perfect for pairing with creamy pasta, seafood, or our personal favorite.

My Review: When I smelled this wine I got a bit of a briney type smell along with some fruit that threw me off. The same smell that threw me off came through when tasting and for me it was not quite fruity enough to cover up that off scent I was smelling. I tasted this alone without food, but wish I had some cheese to eat with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment