Sunday, March 22, 2015

Tasting - Grayson Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Lot 10

Name: Grayson Cellars 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Lot 10
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2013
Price: $12

Winery Review: The 2013 Grayson Cabernet Sauvignon shows a dark ruby color with a rich nose of blackberry, raspberries and hints of black pepper. This intense Cabernet is full of artful fruit, provides a round mouth feel and a soft lingering finish with hints of toasted French oak. From the Winemaker

My Review: I chose this wine at Kroger because it was given a really high score compared to the other at this price. Unfortunately, I think the bottle may have been corked. Given my lack of experience I could be wrong but the cork basically crumbled into the bottle when we opened it and we could smell a faint musty smell. We still gave it a quick taste to be sure, the only flavors I was able to pick up was graphite. I tasted this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment