Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tasting - Mirassou Moscato 2013

 Name: Mirassou Winery California Moscato 
Variety: Moscato
Region: Santa Clara Valley, California
Country: USA
Year: 2013
Price: $10

Winery Review: Mirassou Moscato captures the essence of summer. From the moment the bottle is opened, intense fruit aromas of orange blossom, peach, ripe pineapple and citrus overwhelm the nose. These bright and fruit-forward aromas extend to the palate through luscious flavors of sweet tropical fruit, mandarin orange and honey, all wrapped in a delightful acidity.

My Review: Someday I will say I actually enjoyed something other than light fruity wines, but today is not that day. I chose this Moscato because it was supposed to be similar to the 14 Hands Moscato that I tasted last week. I could definitely smell the citrus on the nose of this one. Upon tasting I could pick up some more exotic flavors that I was later able to identify as pineapple and honeysuckle. I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment