Sunday, April 12, 2015

Tasting - Beringer 2014 Chenin Blanc


Name: Beringer 2014 Chenin Blanc
Variety: Chenin Blanc
Region: Napa Valley, CA
Country: USA
Year: 2014
Price: $6

Winery Review: Beringer Classics Chenin Blanc is a well-balanced wine with aromas and flavors of crisp citrus, melon, and spicy ginger. This wine is meant to be enjoyed with a variety of foods, from Asian and Mexican dishes to a casual backyard barbecue with friends.

My Review: I am continuously trying to expand my palate so that I enjoy more types of wine. Despite my efforts, I am struggling to enjoy anything that doesn't taste like fruit juice. This wine had a spiciness that really stuck with me (did not like). As far as flavors, I was able to get some honeydew type aromas which made me really surprised by the spices. I drank this alone, without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment