Saturday, April 4, 2015

Tasting - Simply Naked Unoaked California Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Simply Naked Unoaked Calfornia Cabernet Sauvignon 
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Acampa, CA
Country:  USA
Year: none listed on bottle
Price: $10

Winery Review: Aromas of cassis jam and pencil shavings with a supple, fruity-yet-dry medium body and a lightly tannic peppercorn and cedar finish. A nice lighter styled sipper or burger wine 10.15.11

Simply Naked Cabernet Sauvignon has plum, black cherry and cinnamon spice with chewy tannins that don't weigh down the wine. Medium-full bodied.

My Review: This may be the last time that I do a wine tasting at a friend's house because all they like to drink is red wine! As you may know that I am not their biggest fan, but this unoaked cabernet was different. It may be because it is unoaked but this wine was a little fruitier although I did pick up on a graphite type sharpness that I had experienced in one of my first tastings. I tasted this alone without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment