Sunday, April 19, 2015

Tasting - Coonawarra 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Limestone Coast, Australia
Year: 2013
Price: $13

Winery Review: This classic Coonawarra Cabernet comes packed with heady aromas of ripe cassis, roasted peppers and mint chocolate together with a succulent, full-bodied flavour profile.

My Review: If I had read the review of this wine before I tried it, I know I would not have tried it. If I had to write down the things I don't like in wines, the above review would summarize it quite well. I took the smallest of sips and did not want to go back for more, it was just too overwhelmingly dark for me. It was tannic to say the least, in my mind this is the type of rich wine that people would enjoy with a steak, but I tried it alone without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment