Sunday, April 26, 2015

Tasting - Borsao 2013 Rose

Name: Borsao 2013 Rose
Variety: Garnache Rose
Region: Borja
Country: Spain
Year: 2013
Price: $10

Winery Review: Pale orange. Strawberry and redcurrant on the nose, with hints of rhubarb and fresh flowers adding complexity. Light-bodied and dry, offering brisk, refreshingly bitter red berry and orange pith flavors. Finishes clean and dry, with good cut and a repeating redcurrant note."

My Review: I believe this may be my first ever Rose and I was pleasantly surprised by it.  While it is much less sweet than the wines I typically choose it reminded me of a zinfandel from an old wine cheese pairing. This wine had some of the deeper and more earthy flavors that I tend to be turned off by in the red wines but it also had a decent amount of summer fruits on the palate. I drank this alone without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment