Sunday, April 12, 2015

Tasting - Manina 2013 Sauvignon Blanc

Name: Manina 2013 Valle Central Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Central Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2013
Price: $12

Winery Review: Somewhere between neutral and bland is where this wine’s bouquet resides. The palate is plump feeling but stagnant, with chunky apple and pithy citrus flavors. Bitterness comes up on the finish, which is pithy as a whole. (7/1/2013)

My Review: This sauvignon blanc was fruitier than the others that I have tasted, I am not sure if this is due to the fact that this is a Chiean wine and the other was a California wine. I was not able to pinpoint any flavors on the nose but could differentiate notes of apricot in the taste. I drank this alone without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment