Sunday, April 19, 2015

Tasting - Pinetti 2013 Pino Grigio

Name: Pinetti Pino Grigio
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region. Lombardia, Italy
Year: 2013
Price: $5

Winery Review: A tribute to modern Italian style and its chic sophistication, Pinetti Notte celebrates la dolce vita with a wine sure to pique palate. This wine embraces time honored tradition winemaking and a refined flair for style. Relish in a Pinetti evening of casual elegance; sipping wine, laughing, and enjoying close friends and family in the Italian way.

My Review: I enjoyed some of the flavors that presented themselves with this Pinot Grigio but as whole I did not enjoy it. I was clearly able to taste lots of melon as well as lemon and there was no confusion as to what I was tasting, which I enjoy. However, this just seemed like it smacked you in the face with alcohol and acidity. It would pair well with a very basic (pH wise) dish that may help balance some of its heat. I drank this alone without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment