Sunday, April 26, 2015

Tasting - MAN Family Wines 2013 Chardonnay

Name: MAN Family Wines 2013 Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Coastal Region
Country: South Africa
Year: 2013
Price: $8

Winery Review: This elegant Chardonnay has a delicate balance of fruit flavours and a light touch of oak. Golden straw in appearance, the wine has pleasing orange blossom and butterscotch aromas. On the palate the wine has fruity citrus, lime, pineapple and white peach/nectarine flavours with a hint of vanilla spice. Will pair nicely with textured and creamy dishes, such as creamy risottos, quiches, chicken a la king, and grilled fish dishes.

My Review: I have once again reaffirmed that I am not a fan of chardonnay. Any enjoyment that I got out of this probably came from the fact that I ate fish while trying this, which turned out to be a recommended pairing. There was a definite touch of oak that could be found on the nose. Upon tasting this wine I got a sort of tropical island "vibe" from the fruits and spices that came through on the palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment