Sunday, April 26, 2015

Tasting - Cowtipper White Wine

Name: Cowtipper White Wine
Variety: Le Crescent
Region: Cambridge, VT
Country: USA
Year: 2014
Price: $17

Winery Review: As the humor in its name suggests, Cowtipper has a light and refreshing personality with a pleasant finish.  Crafted from Le Crescent grapes and fermented only in stainless steel, this white table wine is fruity and semi-dry like a Riesling. It is a delightful summer wine, and makes a fantastic Sangria! Cowtipper’s hints of apricot and pear go deliciously with chicken and seafood, grilled tuna being a favorite

My Review: This wine is dry and somewhat sweet, I am glad I had waited to this point in my tasting journey because I would not have enjoyed it in past weeks. On the nose there are clear notes of pear which come through on the taste as well as apricot. I was feeling sentimental and paired this light/crisp wine with some Cabot cheese that went together quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment