Sunday, April 19, 2015

Tasting - Thorny Rose 2011 Chardonnay

Name: Thorny Rose Chardonnay
Variety:  Chardonnay
Region: Columbia Valley, Columbia
Year: 2011
Price: $11

Winery Review: 
Here is a clean, fresh-tasting Columbia Valley Chardonnay at a decent price. Apple and peach flavors are etched with delicate fruit-skin notes. Bright, tart and immediately accessible.
  — P.G. (12/31/2013)

My Review: Even though it's not a red, I still haven't enjoyed too many of the chardonnays I have tried. Compared to the moscatos that have stolen my heart, this wine was not sweet at all and that was just strike number one. I did not enjoy the mouth feel of this wine, I feel it to be buttery and heavy on my palate. I tasted this with someone who does enjoy chardonnay's and oddly enough they found it to be light and clean for a chardonnay. I think I was able to detect some peach flavors but I was too distracted by the qualities I did not enjoy. I drank this alone without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment